Accessories add the perfect finishing touches to every outfit, and what better day to dress up your outfit than on your wedding day? The smallest details always enhance your look, and with the right ones, your look will be utter perfection. With these five accessories, you will be sure to look your best!
1. A VEIL: The best veil to use with any dress is the invisible veil – a simple tulle veil, with no edge, no trim, no anything. The best length to get is where it extends to about your ankles, and that way it subtly fades away into your dress, giving it that invisible look. The invisible veil is the best because it does not take away from your dress, it doesn’t cut you off, but it still gives you that sheer illusion and bridal touch. Wearing a veil completes the bridal look and will make you feel like a real bride. If you’re not fond of wearing a veil, then try a small bird cage, but definitely try the invisible one just in case!
2. EARRINGS: Jewelry has to be matched properly with the details on your dress, but you can never go wrong with a pair of earrings. If your dress is heavily embellished, it’s best to go with diamond stud earrings to compliment the decor. On the other hand, pearl or diamond teardrop earrings enhance the beauty of a simple gown. Necklaces and bracelets are tricky to match, but you always want your ears appropriately adorned.
3. SHOES: Your shoes are a way to show your uniqueness, your quirkiness, and your style. Wearing bright colored shoes that match your bridal party are a fun way to jazz up your look. If your bridal party is wearing all black, I would still recommend wearing your favorite color shoes, or another color that is used in your decorations. The pop of color brought out by your shoes adds for great pictures, and also shows a statement as you walk down the aisle and your shoes peep through the bottom of the gown. A pop of color always enhances the mood! Another option would be just to wear a shade of blue shoes for your ‘something blue.’
4. A HEADPIECE: When it is time to party at the reception, you want to subtly change up your style with a signature headpiece. Veils are primarily worn for the ceremony, but occasionally some brides will choose to wear it for the whole night. It is always nice though to replace the veil with a headpiece to accessorize your hair for the remainder of the evening. A cute organza flower with silver beads or thin feathers are feminine and elegant while still adding a feeling of fun. It is a subtle change but it can give your look a totally different feel.
5. Your SMILE: Your smile is the best accessory that you as a bride can wear. It is your day to shine, and your pictures will last forever. So be sure to just enjoy the day, and smile constantly throughout the day!