Happy Valentine’s Day!
When you think about V-Day, what comes to your mind? C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E! Chocolate gets the spotlight, front and center of every possible dessert creations. However, there are many other dessert-like dishes that can be created on this sweet day. Here is one of my favorites. Great for couples to share, for single friends to sip and enjoy together, and for families to slurp with children. It is super fun, easy, and cute!
COOKIES AND PINK MILK
This is what you will need:
- 1 Gallon of milk (choose your favorite nonfat, 1% or 2% or whole)
- Sugar cookie dough (buy your favorite brand. Just make sure that it has direction for making it into a rolled out cookie dough).
- Red food coloring
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Round shaped cookie cutter (or anything other round shaped item that you can use to cut out cookies)
- Milk bottles or shooter glasses or vintage looking glass
- Vintage paper straws
1) Preheat oven by following the directions on cookie dough package
2) Follow cookie dough directions for rolled dough.
3) Roll out your dough and cut your cookies. I made round cookies and then cut the center with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
4) Bake your cookies and once done set aside to cool. PS: you can also bake all the heart shaped cut outs and freeze them. Use them to decorate cupcakes or any other dessert at a later time.
5) Pour your milk in a pitcher.
6) Add one drop of red food coloring.
7) Mix. If too light of a pink, add one more drop. Go slowly so that you can achieve your perfect hue.
8) Pour the milk in the individual glasses.
9) Place straw and place 2-3 cookies on the straw.
10) Repeat for each glass.
A perfect treat for a day filled with love, no matter who is by your side.