At BHL, we love weddings, and we really love the planning of them too! Yes, they can be stressful, but with the right tools and your wedding coordinator by your side, it can be a seamless and lovely day! Today, we are giving you five tips on some of the important elements of the wedding day to consider when planning your big day.
- Giving gifts to your bridesmaids and groomsmen is a nice way of saying thank you for being there for you on your special day. Best time to do this? You can present the gift at the rehearsal dinner, or the morning off while you are getting ready. Take a moment to thank your girls, and grooms, to thank your groomsmen. It is also a great way to start the wedding day and have cheers and a toast to follow!
- Make sure that everyone in your wedding party knows how they’re getting to the wedding site and back home from your wedding! This is especially important if you’re going to be serving alcohol, and essential if it’s an open bar. If you’re worried about anyone getting too inebriated, offer free cab rides to anyone who doesn’t bring a car, or drive them home in your limo.
- Wedding bands are a vital part of the wedding, as they help to signify the joining of two parties. Make sure that on the days leading up to the wedding and on the wedding itself to have someone who you can count on keep track of your wedding bands to ensure security.
- Make sure to include healthy food options for your reception. You might have a vegetarian in attendance or someone who’s just trying to lose weight. Be sure to supply them with options they can enjoy. Vegetables, cooked or raw, and fruit for dessert, will go a long way for anyone who wants to eat something that won’t pack on the pounds.
- One of the most awkward moments at a wedding can be the bouquet toss. If women don’t want to get involved they shouldn’t be pressured to, so let the DJ know not to say anything to upset the guests. Take a poll before the wedding to see if anyone is really interested in participating and if not, skip it!