The best way to add a bit more inspiration to the week? It is all about the California outdoors infused with rustic details and a touch of elegance. Sounds pretty amazing to me. I have to admit I am kind of obsessed with picnics. They are so romantic and intimate, and it makes for such a lovely setting. Throw in a couple of love birds into the mix, and it is all over. I am just head over heels in love. This stunning rustic chic styled photo shoot most certainly delivers the most beautiful, and lovely of details. All gorgeously delivered by the ever so talented Carmen at Expressionary Events. The images? Can you say swoon? Total swoon moment for me. This breathtaking photo shoot, captured entirely by the fabulous Jaime Davis Photography.There are so many pretty details that are competing for my love. I mean, the gorgeous blooms, the fabulous cake, the orange trees, and the sweet couple adorned with the loveliest of details. I can go on and on about this shoot, but I think it is time for you to take a peek and see what I am so obsessed about.
From Carmen of Expressionary Events…
The idea and inspiration came from the designers’ love for the outdoors and romantic picnics. There is a certain allure and serenity of being in the outdoors among the trees and nature. We choose Rancho Las Lomas, a beautiful garden venue that is surrounded by citrus trees, stunning architecture, and exotic wildlife. This venue provides couples with plenty of opportunities to incorporate a rustic chic feel at every corner of the property. The concept was to create a whimsical yet rustic style wedding for brides that want to have a more causal and intimate wedding but may not know how to accomplish the look or feel.
Elements included in the shoot:
- Different floral patterns as well as wood elements were chosen to complement the outdoor elements in the shoot.
- Color palette: The main color palette for the shoot consisted of jewel tones such as pink, purples and ivory
- Bride fashion & jewelry: For the bride, we chose a dress that really tied in the theme all together. The sweetheart neckline and tulle gown made the look very whimsical. Small lace and beaded embellishments creating a romantic feel.
- Bride Jewelry: We kept the look simple with a tear drop necklace, and matching bracelets. The statement piece was the gorgeous Grecian inspired headpiece by AlwaysAri.
- Grooms Fashion: We kept the Groom very casual in khaki pants,a plaid dress shirt, and suspenders with a faux leather bow tie made by AlwaysAri to complement the ‘Rustic Picnic Theme. Keeping the tie into the romantic elements
- Bride hair & make-up: The Bride’s makeup was done really soft with pinks and pastels to create a very natural yet whimsical feel. Her hair was half up half down with multiple braids to create the very outdoor and natural look with relaxed curls. Her hair was finished off with a Grecian headpiece fit for any bride looking to make a statement on her wedding day.
- Flowers & event décor: For the table scape gray and white toned linen was used to blend nicely with the trunk like vase that held jewel toned flowers of pinks and purples. Bamboo place mats were placed underneath a ivory plate and special silverware with garden engraved pictures finished off the table décor. Wine and berries were incorporated to bring in elements of a rustic picnic wedding.
- Cake: The cake was decorated with rosettes and floral to complement the theme. The cake sat on a special designed cake stand made out of wood and milk glass. The table was adorned with a knife and server decorated with the same designs as the silverware on the table.
We want couples to get concepts from this shoot and be able to create it for their wedding day. Simply by choosing key statement pieces such as a headpiece or bamboo place mats can really make a difference in make something come to life at your event. Picnics are simple but with the right decor you can always bring elegance to anything.
Venue: Rancho Las Lomas
Event Styling and Design: Expressionary Events
Photography: Jaime Davis Photography
Wardrobe Styling: Styled by Connie
Hair & Make-up: Rock Me Up
Bride’s Gown: Bridal Elegance
Flowers: Flower Fusion
Cake: Love Me Sweets
Linens: La Tavola
Jewelry and Headpiece: Always Ari
Invitation: Expressionary Events
Models: Laurie Young Romeo & Ryan Romeo