With Valentine’s Day just one day away, we are extremely excited and can not wait to celebrate. It has us literally jumping up and down. One gorgeous detail that stands out from all the chocolate & candy treats, the cuddly bears, and the greeting cards, are the flowers. In our book, flowers are what really brings that pretty and beautiful into the wedding day (besides the bride and groom of course!). As bridal bloggers, we are always looking for the latest trends in all things wedding, and that includes flower trends. That is why today we are putting together our love of trends and Valentine’s day for one fabulous spotlight. What are the latest trends in Valentine’s day florals? With the help of our incredibly talented friend and floral designer, Jackie Combs at Lotus & Lily Floral and Event Design, we have five Valentine’s Day flower trends to share with you. Go ahead, take a look, and see which bloom is the one for you or your loved one. Let us know your favorite in the comments below, we love to hear from you!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
1. Deep Red: With the announcement of the color of the year, Marsala, we are seeing a return to deep colors, and for Valentine’s Day red in it’s various tones will always be a favorite.
2. Deconstructed: A more deconstructed ethereal and organic design, fusing different types of ferns, vines and greenery with mixtures of flowers such anemones, ranuculus, roses and orchids.
3. Succulents: A dense, urban, monochromatic design, bunching a few types of flowers together and adding succulents or individual orchid blossoms.
4. Texture: A trend which features a surge of colored and textured vases as well as lots of metallics, especially gold!
5. Freshly Picked: The hand tied bouquet will always remain as it is….a very romantic, less expensive way to give flowers because you eliminate the vase or vessel. This style lends itself to that “freshly picked” design which follows the deconstructed ethereal look mentioned previously.