Good morning lovelies! I know that Mondays can be a drag, but when you have some fabulous tips to help with wedding planning, then it can’t be that bad right? Weddings are a special time to exchange vows with the one you love and begin your journey together as a married couple. When the word wedding comes to mind, many people imagine being surrounded by friends and family at a big reception. Here are five tips to help you have a perfect wedding day.
- When having an outdoor wedding, be sure to plan for bugs. Bugs are everywhere outside and could ruin a wedding ceremony. If you are in an area that has a high number of bugs, have citronella candles or bug zappers to prevent the bugs from bothering your guests and ruining your wedding.
- Here’s a fun tip – practice your wedding kiss! You want to make it sincere and not sexy, not too short but not too long. NO TONGUE! Practice how you’ll hold your partner’s face, if you choose to, or where your hands will be otherwise. You only get one shot, so you’ll need LOTS of practice beforehand!
- You should avoid smoking or drinking beer from the bottle while at your own wedding reception. It’s just gauche and tacky to be seen doing something so pedestrian, so try to live up to the classy theme of your wedding.
- Creating your own invitations for your wedding can save you a lot of money. These days, it is pretty easy to make your own invitations. They can be beautiful and more personal. This way you will have more money to spend on the details such as professional photography, flowers, and food. So save where you can, and leave the rest to the professionals.
- For your wedding rehearsal and dinner, do not wait until the last minute to put together a “look” for your hair, makeup, attire, and accessories. This is an important and memorable part of the wedding experience, and you can create a more involved participation by using the time as a way to offer friends and loved ones, a sneak peak into the design aesthetic of your big day.